Skip to content
Home » Biological Dentistry

Biological Dentistry

Biological Dentistry Your mouth is the gateway to your entire system.

It is involved in every part of your total well-being. Biological dentistry takes this into account and is guided by the philosophy do no harm.

This is accomplished by paying attention to what type of work is performed on teeth and gums, and what substances are placed in the mouth. Dental work is meant to last a lifetime.

It is therefore important that it has no ill effects.One of the biggest concerns are metals used in fillings. Most people receive amalgams, which contain a high percentage of mercury.

Nickel, beryllium, and other metals may be placed in the mouth as well. These can be harmful for a number of reasons.

People may have sensitivities and develop allergic responses. Also, metals can give off ions and cause damage throughout the body; they can depress the immune system, overstimulate the cardiovascular system and affect the nervous system, causing a variety of disorders.

There can also be energy disturbances from different metals, where a battery effect is created. Electrical currents are formed that are much stronger than the bodyneeds for nerve transmission.

Consequently, the metals become interference fields along the acupuncture meridians in the mouth, which flow to every organ, muscle, gland, and tissue in the body. Biological dentists test the effects of metals, and recommend replacement with biocompatible materials.

In the past decade, thousands of people have chosen this route and have reported substantial health improvements.Attention is also paid to infections, known as cavitations. Bacterial pockets can form under the teeth, and fester silently for years.

The person may be totally unaware of the problem; yet gradual damage goes on. Just as the teeth affect all areas of the body, so does the health of the entire system affect the teeth.

Health-centered dentists may therefore advise patients on the importance of a healthy diet and supplementation. In addition, patients are taught how to participate in their own dental health so that their need for dentistry diminishes.

Patient Stories

Kasha on mercury poisoning

I’m 40 years old now, and I was in good health until five years ago, after the birth of my second child. I was always getting headaches and feeling tired. I was fatigued no matter how much I rested.

I started to get other symptoms too. There was numbness and pain in my legs, pain in my joints, irritability, depression, memory loss, insomnia. And my immune system was low. I also got a lot of colds and flus.

I saw an M.D. in 1991, who diagnosed me as having arthritis, which didn’t seem right. In I992, I found a naturopathic doctor, who thought I might have chronic fatigue syndrome. I tested positive for Epstein-Barr virus, low adrenal function, and abnormal intestinal flora.

The doctor started me on a lot of vitamins and supplements for my immune system and intestinal tract. I took colonics too. My condition stabilized. but I did not improve a great deal.

I still felt ill a great deal of the time. I was also seeing a chiropractor for sciatic pain.Another year passed. In late 1993.

I saw a Dr. Chan in Manhattan. He looked into my eyes and said that he could see a heavy metal toxic ring around the iris. He tested me using bio-energetic analysis. Which is an FDA-registered device that measures electrical factors in the body with the help of computer mathematical analysis. It assesses the most stressed part of the body.

That testing also showed metal toxicity.

So it was Dr. Chan who discovered the underlying source of my problem as mercury toxicity from my amalgam fillings.

I was really in shock, i couldn’t believe that that was causing my problem. I hadn’t heard much about it so I had to do a lot of research. In early 1994, I found out about the work of Dr. Huggins in Colorado, and I read his book, It’s All in Your Head.

Then I came across some other bulletins from theFoundation for Toxic—Free Dentistry I found out that the so-called silver fillings in my mouth were really 50 percent mercury and that mercury is more toxic than lead, cadmium, or arsenic.

Contrary to what the American Dental Association puts out, there’s a lot of research stating that mercury is not stable in the mouth. It will migrate to other parts of the body.In February 1994, I found a holistic dentist in Orange. Connecticut.

He and his staff were terrific in helping me to understand this. He tested me using an acupoint testing device, which showed elevated metals in my body.He also ordered a standard urine mercury test, which is used in cases of industrial mercury exposure.

Even this test showed elevated mercury levels. Then and there I decided what had to be done. .~\ll these fillings had to come out.

I had 11 teeth with major fillings. All my molars were metal.Before he did the work, I was placed on a diet which excluded all seafood.

I ate foods that were high in sulfur, such as eggs and garlic. Sulfur binds with the mercury and aids in its elimination.

I used supplements such as digestive enzymes, coenzyme Q10, super blue-green algae, a lot of things to help detoxify.In April 1994, I had all the fillings taken out in two three-hour sessions. I was given an IV drip with vitamin C during the process.

It was not particularly uncomfortable, and I managed to get through it. I felt I was doing the right thing getting all this stuff out of my mouth. That kept me going.

Once all the metal was taken out of my mouth, the sciatic nerve discomfort that I had felt for three years almost disappeared right in the chair. From what I understand, the metal fillings can create minor electrical currents in the body, which interfere with the nervous system.

By the second session, after all the fillings were taken out, I felt the tension in my leg immediately go away.About three days after that, I started detoxifying, and needed almost total rest.

I had lots of headaches for almost two weeks, and a strange metallic taste in my mouth. I drank lots of fluids to get this stuff out. My urine was dark and it had a strange odor.

This was all a part of the cleansing process that was going on. I had faith that this was all working to my benefit.

And it did.About two weeks later, I woke up one day feeling great. I couldn’t believe it. I didn’t have a headache. I felt clear and energetic. And my body didn’t hurt.

It was just wonderful. Over the year, I had several more periods of cleansing, mostly lasting three to five days, with similar symptoms.

There were headaches and the strange, metallic taste in my mouth. After every round of cleansing, I felt even better.

I felt a new sense of wellness.Now, it’s almost 14 months since the removal of the mercury, and I reallyfeel great.

I feel like 18 instead of 40. I’m not sick and my health and energy are reliable. I can really get a lot done. As supplements, I still take coenzyme Q10, 60 mg a day, and super blue-green algae, 3 g a day.

I am grateful to have found out what was making me ill, after nearly five years of looking.

Eric on mercury fillings

My initial awareness of another possibility in dentistry goes all the way back to Carlton Fredericks, who used to say in his program that based upon the admonition to dentists by the American Dental Association on how they were to handle mercury, the only apparent safe place for the mercury was in your mouth.

He made me aware that there were other possibilities. But moving from that to actually finding a holistic dentist at that time was something else.

I investigated, and quite frankly, found some that talk the talk but don’t walk the walk. In other words, they appeared holistic until I got in there. It was a gradual learning process that involved the gathering of more and more information.

I found myself that I prefer a one-on-one situation with a dentist. I went to a group office and it seemed to me that the partners were placing their economic returns before the interests of the patient.

I finally found a woman dentist, named Elmira Godall. There was an instant rapport. She presented options.

She made her recommendations very clear, but she empowered me to take responsibility for the choices I made.

She, herself, went to the trouble to learn Huggins’s protocol. She went to Colorado to learn about mercury removal and essentially followed his protocol.

When she removed mercury amalgam from my teeth, she simultaneously administered a vitamin C drip.

She put a composite filling in a tooth that had an awful lot of mercury amalgam in it.

My previous dentist insisted that the only option was a crown.

The composite is holding up very well indeed.She happened to be so sensitive in her skills with the drill that I have never had to have Novocain.

With my previous dentist, I found that after leaving the office, I always ended up with a bunch of canker sores in my mouth. I haven’t had a single canker sore since [switching to this] dentist.In general, I found that being able to deal on a one-to-one basis with a person who respects you and who considers your ability to take responsibility for your own care to be an important factor. She is not lording it over you, but you are making a joint decision. That seems to be the critical factor here. I will conclude by saying that I am exceedingly pleased with the results I have attained.

Patricia on periodontal disease

I went to a dental hygienist on a referral from my dentist. She told me that I had periodontal disease and suggested a vitamin protocol, an herbal rinse, and a particular toothpaste with no sugar.

She showed me how to floss all my teeth, including the ones that have crowns.At that time, my gums bled whenever I brushed my teeth. I had bad breath. I had pockets with trapped food.

I had never been informed about ways to clean my teeth.Now when I brush my teeth, they seldom bleed.

I no longer have bad breath.

I have an awareness about dental hygiene that I never had before.

I think that she’s a very good hygienist and I have seen major improvements in my own dental hygiene.

Patty on candidiasis

I’ve had years and years of the traditional approach and I’ve had lots of mercury put in my mouth. As a kid, I lived on sugar which gave me major cavities. At 16 I had my first root canal, and two years ago.

I had another one.

I have been suffering for about 10 years with chronic candidiasis and chemical sensitivity from a lowered immune system. I have been seeing Dr. Levin for about two years now. and he recommended that I have the root canal taken out, as well as the mercury.

I just had the root canal removed about eight months ago and I’m in the process of removing the mercury. I need to get eight or nine more fillings taken out.

I know that it’s good to get vitamin C drips along with the treatment, but since I can’t afford that right now I take lots of C orally, and sometimes charcoal tablets, to help absorb the mercury that otherwise might go into my system.

My dentist uses a dental dam. She is extremely conscientious. She herself has suffered from candida and knows a lot about holistic healing.

When the root canal was removed, they found an infection in that part of the gum. I’m glad that I had it taken out, because I think in the long run it is a healthy thing to do.

I ’ve read a lot of literature on the disadvantages of root canals and I will never have another one. . . . I believe that they have definitely contributed to my lowered immune system.

Marjorie on sinus problems, arthritis, rashes, and high cholesterol

I had been having rashes and allergies for over 30 years. I had hay fever, I was lethargic, I had chronic arthritis, and my cholesterol was high.

A nutritionist, who was also an M.D., started me on the macrobiotic diet about five and a half years ago.

That helped me a lot, but I still couldn’t tolerate certain foods. I had lost weight and couldn’t gain any back.

I went to Sherry Rogers, up in Syracuse. She was the first to introduce me to the idea of getting the mercury amalgams out of my mouth.

My initial reaction was how could something so prevalent, that everybody has some of, possibly be a problem? So I let it go for a couple of years. And then a year ago, another doctor also recommended it. He sent me to Dr. Bryner. I did have the amalgams removed and the composites put in.

At the same time he tested me for mercury toxicity and my measured level then was 9, which borders on a toxic level, consistent with industrial exposure, because the expected range is less than 2.

At the same time he did an electric test to see what organs were harboring the mercury, and recommended the DMPS treatment.

And that’s used for the treatment of heavy metal toxicity.

It binds, I guess, to the heavy metals, and washes them out of your system.

So I’ve had three of these DMPS treatments following getting the mercury out and I’ve never felt better in my life I’m more alert I’ve gained back a few pounds.

Initially I went from 135 down to 99, and I’m back up to about 106. I can now tolerate more food.

Nancy on pleurisy and pneumonia

I was unaware of the fact that my jawbone was being eaten away.

I had a little tingling in the spot where I had a root canal previously done, four five years earlier. I’d think, “Gee. that’s funny.” and then I wouldn’t think any more about it.

I think maybe one of the dangers of root canals is that without a nerve there, you cannot sense the pain and pain is nature’s signal that something is wrong.

So it is kind of a scant thing when you can’t tell that there’s something wrong.

I went for a regular dental check-up and had x-rays.

Dr. Bryner said, “We’ve got a major problem here.” This root canal was apparently infected and was eating away at the jawbone.

And I was what I considered to be healthy at that time.

So I went home and scheduled an appointment to have this root canal taken out—I mean remove the tooth.Before I could get back for mv next appointment, I came down with pleurisy, and that developed into pneumonia.

So I had to delay my appointment a couple of weeks. Eventually I did go in.

I had two root canal teeth right next to each other, on two lower molars.

The one farthest back was the one that was infected. I decided to have him take both of them out. Why wait until thenext one has a problem?

In the meantime I had read a book on root canals which really opened my eyes to the problems.

Apparently, there are bacteria there all the time. When a root canal is performed, they can’t ever get it totally sterile, so they do their best.

Then they close that area off.

We assume that these bacteria die when they are cut off from oxygen.

But what in fact seems to happen is that they mutate and become anaerobic which is really scary because then they can live anywhere in your body and you don’t know it.

They can gravitate anywhere,maybe to a weaker organ.Anyway, when I went back for mv appointment I had both of those root canals taken out.

Dr. Bryner had told me some time before that that even tooth is related to an internal organ.

I originally went to Dr. Bryner because I had had twenty years of chronic headaches and I had heard that amalgam removal could possibly help that. “hen he took out my two root canal teeth I said, “I’m just curious.

What are these teeth related to?” These were two lower molars that happened to be on mv right side.

He looked it up on the chart and said, “The lower molars are related to the sinuses and the lungs.”I was amazed.

I had had sinus headaches all those years_ and sure enough, with this infection and these anaerobic bacteria gone.

I had no more problems in my lungs. Dr. Bryner was good enough to give me a homeopathic remedy to follow up with that.

I went back to my walk-in clinic where I had had the original X-ray and my lungs were clear!

I hate to think what would have happened hadI been going to an ordinary dentist. They probably would have tried to savethe tooth, which is what dentists always try to do.

I think I would have made a trade-off to keep the tooth and lose my health. I’m grateful that I found Dr.Bryner because although I may have lost a tooth, I have my health.

Sherry Dodson-Puziss (dentist) on mercury poisoning

My story is a story of being poisoned through my work, but I hope it talks to people who are also poisoned through their fillings and their lifestyles because it’s really a story of poisoning.

I worked in an old, old dental clinic.

The room had lots of mercury spills—five times higher than what the U.S. laws allow for mercury vapor.

The mercury was not vacuumed out of carpets; it just stayed. It’s odorless and tasteless and you absorb it through the lungs and your skin.

That’s where I got my exposure for about six years.I probably went to 10 or 15 doctors who felt I was just stressed from having a baby and working.

They never got the diagnosis right, and they wanted to give me phenobarbital and things like that.Instead, I went to the medical books, read up on the symptoms, and found out that I had the classical symptoms of mercury poisoning.

We had someone come in and test the air, which was highly toxic. We got rid of the carpeting.I worked for a large, traditional clinic where it was not politically proper to do further reading on mercury toxicity.

There was a political move to keep this rather quiet, and so I let it go and continued to practice my dentistry, thinking that the problems were taken care of. I wanted to keep my job because I had a family, and I was supporting a husband through school back then.

So I didn’t do too much reading on mercury toxicity at that time.Over the course of l8 years, I got sicker and sicker. What happens is your liver gets killed. So do your organs of digestion. It’s like a slow starvation.

I became more and more ill without knowing why, and didn’t realize it was still the mercury until I finally totally broke and fell apart in 1991.

I was in bed for two and a half years with immune system problems. During that time, I began reading.

I got access to the Library of Congress, where I was able to read abstracts on mercury research dating back up to 30 years. I learned that both my children were born poisoned with mercury.

A lot of these poisons pass the placental barrier and also come through the nursing milk. Children are far more susceptible to the effects of the toxins than adults.Basically,

I realized that you have to remove environmental toxins. You have to look around and that’s what I did.

I stopped spraying my lawn with insecticides. I stopped bringing poisons into the home, like laundry fabric softeners. I got my drinking and showering water filtered. Water filters on the shower absorb tons of chlorine a toxin that adds to the mercury.

You’ve got basic mercury poisoning and then even thing else added to it makes it worse.

After this is where you need professional help from complementary physicians, naturopaths, chiropractors clinical ecologists somebody who understands toxins. You have to get your liver restored.

The liver is the organ that cleanses the body and so it gets all the poisons and it backs up. You get too much poison.

So the liver’s got to be cleansed and healed and get healthy.Then after that you have to go after the stored body toxins, because these things stay in your fat cells and in all your body cells, your brain cells, your bone cells, everything.I went through chelation therapy. . . .

You may need as many as 15 IV or IM treatments, after you’ve had your fillings removed. And you have vitamin and mineral supplements in between because mercury depletes these from the body.

At the same time, the supplements pull mercury out of the body. Chlorella is a green algae supplement that removes mercury from the body.

We know the foods cilantro and asparagus do as well. . . .

We know that sweating works too. If you take a dry sauna, sweat profusely, and shower afterwards, assays on the sweat find metals coming out.

Baking soda and Epsom salt baths can also help. You can take two cups of baking soda and two cups of Epsom salts in a hot, hot bath and soak. That helps pull out the metals.

So I did that. Had I not done the alternative complementary route I feel I wouldn’t be alive today.

Experts in this field say that. I think it’s extremely important to self-advocate.

The prognosis for mercury poisoning is generally good, I think, although you may be left with some central nervous system damage, including numb fingers and toes.

I don’t know if the ability to memorize fully comes back or not because I’m still in the process of healing and getting better.

I implore people to self—advocate because nobody’s going to do it for them. In my case, I saw 25 doctors, and nobody picked this up.

Nancy on headaches

I had had incapacitating headaches the kind where you just have to go lay down. I guess you could call them migraines.

I had visual disturbances and I would get nauseous. After my amalgam removal. I had fewer headaches and they were less intense. But I still would get some.

Following the root canal removals, I have far fewer headaches, and the ones I have are very mild.

I guess you call them tension headaches. They’re sort of the run-of-the-mill things that everybody gets. I don’t have to stop what I ’m doing with a headache now.Let me just give one little detail on the headaches.

I tend to get them at the approach of a storm. I think I’m sensitive to barometric changes.

I had my root canals removed in December of 1993. That was a terrible winter with storm after storm here in the northeast. Where I live, in Connecticut, we had 17 major snow storms.

Yet I did not get a single headache the entire winter.

Now, that is phenomenal, because for 20 years I had been getting headaches whenever a major low pressure system came through my area. That‘s probably the most significant improvement for me.

Flip on periodontal care

I’m in my 40’s, and I’ve been going to my childhood dentist for years. He is a very nice fellow but he paid very little attention to my gums over the years.

I don’t hold that against him because back in those days nobody was really talking about that. Anyway, he discovered some pockets and asked me to have them checked out by a periodontist.

I went to a periodontist who dipped little needles down into the pockets that I had between my teeth. He asked me to come back a couple of days later for the diagnosis.

When I returned, he said that I needed about $5000 worth of gum surgery. At the time, I was not inclined to do that, and I didn’t really want to spend money I didn’t have.

Then he added that I needed a root canal for a problem tooth before he could do surgery. Not knowing anything about the ill effects of root canals I went ahead and got it.I went to a new dentist, who gave me a perfectly fine root canal.

While I was sitting in the chair, I said, “I’ve had surgery recommended, and I wonder if you know of any alternative hygienist that I could talk to.” That’s when he told me about someone in the next-door office.

I made an appointment with her, which is what changed my—I can’t say life, but I can say that it certainly changed my mouth.She gave me a deep cleaning and talked to me, saying that this was not about my mouth, but about my stomach, my intestines, and my entire system.

She recommended that I transform my diet and my nutrition, which would both cleanse my system and boost my immunity.

That, in turn, might help to reverse the bone loss that I was having and actually improve my periodontal condition.

I started in on this, although I was kind of skeptical at the time. It involved something I had never heard of before called coenzyme Q10, and an entire regimen.

To cleanse my system, I stopped drinking coffee and cut dairy out of my diet. I’m kind of addicted to pasta so I never did get the wheat out of my diet entirely, but I drink a lot less coffee and I am almost completely off cheese.

In addition to the coenzyme Q10, I started to take a group of minerals and vitamins that included lots of vitamin C with bioflavonoids, zinc, B complex, and vitamin E. I began drinking water with half a lime or lemon every night to help my liver.

I still do this and it is quite pleasant.After she cleaned, she sent me home with an herbal rinse made from echinacea, goldenseal and cayenne and a couple of other things.

At first it was kind of a bitter brew but I got used to it and after about a week I began to think that this was the most delicious thing I had ever taken.

Over the course of a few years with a lot of flossing, my bone loss never got any worse and my mouth has completely changed.

I feel comfortable with it, and my gums don’t bleed anymore.Now this has become a daily routine for me. When I’m under a lot of stress I might boost up my vitamin (L intake and possibly take another Q10 or something like that because I find that when I’m under a lot of stress it affects my gums.

And I really notice a difference. Anyway, that’s my experience. My mouth feels very healthy right now.

Karen on husband’s heart condition and her clinical depression and menopausal problems

It started about seven years ago we were given an Ayurvedic preparation that came into the country.

Probably not in a kosher way, you might say anyhow it was given for indigestion and we didn’t know that it contained mercury at the time.

He took it for indigestion and he experienced low atrialfibrillation. And he was quite symptomatic.

His pulse was about 40; he was ashen; he was nauseated. Blood pressure was about 50 over God knows what. He was hospitalized.

The medical profession didn’t understand why he was low atrial fib. He was about S2. It was Christmastime actually Christmas Day.

And so they allowed me to bring him home from the hospital since I was a cardiac nurse, and we just monitored him.

We were kind of wondering. what did we do different? You know, why is this happening?And so one of the things we decided was In stop taking some of these Ayurvedic preparations that we had gotten we called a friend and she did identify, in some formula that she had that the preparation that we had had mercury in it.

It was commonly used in India with no problems. but it did cause my husband a problem. We stopped and four days later he converted on his own, and he was in normal sinus rhythm.

We had done a little chiropractic work in the meantime to help his body cleanse, but that’s all we did.

That’s all we knew. About two years later he went into atrial fib again. And this time . . . we didn’t know what was going on.

It was again even more serious than it wasthe last time. He had to be cardioverted and he was on all kinds of cardiac drugs. He had terrible reactions to them and I really thought he was going to die once.

It was just awful. And then he was on a drug—a heavy-duty cardiac drug—for about four years.

But it was really giving him a very difficult time with his intestines. So we felt we’ve got to go off this. The cardiologist agreed. He didn’t like it, but he agreed, and he tapered Gary off his drug. Gary was good for about a year and a half.

Then he went into slow atrial fib again. Again, extremely symptomatic. Absolutely no energy. He would be exhausted just picking up the telephone and saying hello and. you know, we’re only talking 40 years old now, so we were really concerned.We went to an alternative M.D.

She dealt in other things other than just your standard medical fare.

She did a couple of tests and discovered that indeed, there were a lot of mercury problems in Gary’s SYSIGITI.

She suggested that Dr. Bryner could help him. We went to Dr. Bryner.

He did some testing on Gary, and felt that he was a good candidate to have his mercury out. We did it, and his digestion got stronger. Before, he wasn‘t absorbing magnesium or calcium, which is essential for good cardiac function and they thought the mercury was interfering with that because of his intestines. . . .

To make a long story short, it’s been a year for Gary, a little over a year. He’s on no cardiac drugs.

He did not have to be cardioverted.Nine months into that process, because I saw how wonderful he was doing, I did the same. I had some menopausal problems some clinical depression, which was just awful.

I had the mercury taken out of my mouth and right in the chair, like somebody turned a light switch on, while he worked on my teeth my depression left. I mean I wasn’t even thinking that was going to happen.

He told me that my intestines were going to get better but he said nothing about depression whatsoever.

And I just got so happy and I’ve been happy ever since. So my husband’s got a good heart and I have a happy mind.

Sharon on dental problems

I’ve gone to several dentists in the last eight years who let me know that I had a potential problem, that the pockets in my teeth were increasing.

I really didn’t understand what that meant until my present doctor told me that if that continued the bone underneath would melt away and disappear.

I let these dentists know that I wanted to participate in my own healing. They always gave me certain exercises to do, but unfortunately it didn’t get better.

This past January, my former dentist, a very nice person, said that there was nothing else to do but surgery.

I let him know that that would be the last thing I would do, and asked him if he could tell me about something else.He couldn’t, but he gave me the names of other dentists.

I was in a quandary because I had the feeling that the people he told me about wouldn’t know how to do anything except surgery.

But I asked around and learned of a dentist in Brooklyn. I started treatment with her . . . on a holistic regime.

Basically the first thing that had to be done was amalgam removal. That was difficult because it was expensive especially since vitamin C drips were given at the same time. But I decided to do it anyway.

I think there were about seven to eight treatments. In addition to thatI started to use magnets in the evening.

I had magnets on either side of mycheeks.I saw her a few days ago. and what’s been happening is very, very interesting. It seems that clinically I regained—this is what she said——extra attachments in the pockets. My pockets are shallower.

This is really interesting because I’ve asked all over and everybody has told me that that’s absolutely impossible. It just can’t happen.

But it’s happening to me.

Claire on periodontal disease

I’ve had periodontal disease for quite some time, and I was told by a dentist, at least 10 or 12 years ago, that I needed to have periodontal surgery, which I wasn’t very happy about.

By accident I discovered the International Dental Health Foundation. Since I was having so much trouble with mv teeth.

I decided that I might as well go. So I beat my path to the foundation which is located in Reston, Virginia, and there I saw Dr. Keyes and Dr. Watts.

First they took a culture of my gum which they studied under a microscope and at the same time projected onto a large screen.

This enabled me to see what was going on in my mouth. There were a lot of bacteria at that time.Dr. Keyes taught me how to use a peroxide and baking soda paste. He instructed me on making the paste to the consistency of honey and using it twice a day with a small toothbrush.

In addition, Dr. Keyes sold me a Swiss irrigator, called the Porpoise. And told me to use it twice a day with a salt solution or diluted peroxide.

That seems to work very, very well. Here in New York the dentists have told me not to use the irrigator because it pushes the food particles under the gum butDr.

Keyes laughed at this and said it is not so. The irrigator helps to control the bacterial population in the mouth.

I have been using the irrigator for the past 11 years and have been able to maintain my natural dentition. I’ve been having problems on and off, but I’m able to control them.

These Swiss-made irrigators are not available in the United States, but they are available all over the world.

The Colgate company is producing their own brand of irrigators in Hon-g Kong. but they are facsimiles of the Swiss machine.

They work for a while but they tend to break down a lot.

The public is not aware of the Swiss type.Recently I went to see a Dr. Resnik in Edison, New jersey who is on the board of directors of the Dental Health Foundation.

Through him I obtained a Swiss machine which is the latest of the irrigators called a Hydrofloss.

This Hydrofloss comes with three different picks: the regular pick, the perio pick, which has a smaller opening and is able to deliver the solution deep under the gum, and a third irrigating device, called a cannula.

I call it a needle. This really delivers the antimicrobial solution deep under the gum. And what I’m using is chlorhexadine. This is very effective in controlling the bacteria and in just helping me to maintain my natural teeth.

And it’s really unfortunate, but our society seems to ignore dental health issues and it’s quite a [problem] because a person cannot chew their food properly without teeth.

Poor chewing causes malabsorption and this causes all kinds of diseases.

I consider myself extremely lucky that I was able to maintain my natural teeth.  . .

If you need information about the Dental Health Foundation, their telephone numbers are 703-471-8349 and 800-368-3396.

Bob on periodontal disease

I neglected my mouth for years, sort of thinking of it as something that would just disappear, a separate entity. In the meantime my gums had been receding and bleeding.

I was horrified at the expense of gum surgery.After a number of years of feeling more and more tired and sluggish from the overall neglect, I decided to start looking at the factors contributing to my poor state of health.

I was persuaded by a homeopath that I see to go to a dental hygienist. I went to a great one, who was horrified by what she saw in my mouth.

After a few minutes, I became ashamed of my condition, and that shame would have kept me from doing anything but her attitude was extremely positive.

She assured me that my condition could be reversed and that gum surgery was absolutely not necessary provided that I followed her protocol. This sounded much better than gum surgery……

I basically followed a whole regimen, relearning basic habits that I had never really integrated as a kid.

I started flossing morning and night. She literally showed me how to brush my teeth correctly.

Since old habits don’t change overnight, there was some backsliding but seeing her a few times would reinforce some of the basics.

It all sounds very primitive and it was she also told me to brush my tongue because it is a great repository and breeding ground for germs and gum disease. She gave me an herbal rinse to use after flossing.

Then I got on a protocol of multivitamins, calcium, coenzyme Q10, beta carotene and so on to boost the immune system.In a nutshell, it took me two weeks to stop the bleeding in the gums that had been going on for years. That, in itself was a great incentive to keep going with this.

I have noticed some regrowth of the gums, which feels miraculous to me. But it’s no miracle. What’s happening just makes sense. Byfollowing this regimen, my mouth is refreshed and it makes a difference head wise.

Annette on silver and mercury amalgam extraction

Well, first of all my mouth feels entirely different. It’s so much cleaner which is not the most important thing, but I’m aware of it every day.

The really big thing is that in these three years I haven’t been sick. I haven’t had a cold.

I haven’t had a sore throat. I haven’t had the flu. I haven’t missed any work because of sickness. It’s been absolutely amazing, and there’s been no other change in my life. I eat the same way, I live in the same place,

I have the same job.Prior to the mercury coming out. I had nothing out of the ordinary.

But every year I had at least one or two colds or the flu. That wasn’t the reason that I went to Dr. Bryner, but that was certainly an unexpected benefit.

Marcia on fatigue, allergies and headaches

I had my mercury fillings removed about four years ago. My symptoms were tiredness, allergies, headaches and a metallic taste in my mouth.

After removal of the fillings, it took approximately six months to a year until all of these symptoms went away.

The metallic taste naturally disappeared right away.Then I found that the headaches and allergies took a longer time. So did the fatigue. But they all did disappear.

I believe this is all due to the mercury being removed from my mouth. I went to a holistic doctor who specialized in this.

He tested me and they found that I had a high mercury level.

Mercury was being released when I chewed at a much higher rate than was acceptable. So, I would attribute my results to that, since basically hadn’t done anything differently.

I was taking vitamins and I had a good diet before that. But I still had those symptoms and they did seem to gradually go away.

Share this post on social!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *